VERTICAL HARVEST MAINE
We are currently working on an extensive remodel of a property originally built in 1955 by Almer Nelson. Almer was the manager of the National Elk Refuge, which at the time was called "the government ranch" from 1923-1956. He bought the Moose Street property from LG Gill in 1951, and completed construction of his home in 1955. Almer built his retirement home right on the refuge where he worked and lived for many years. Our team wanted to find a way to honor this local history. We used the original foundation of the house, and repurposed the roof to create natural wood siding accents, some of which was found to still have the original 1955 mailing address printed on it.
Historic photography provided by the Jackson Hole Historic Society